Look at our happy little heifer! Cutest cow ever!!!
Natalie with her cousins Topher & Gracie
Fall is our favorite time of year! It's been fun carving pumpkins, taking walks among the changing leaves, and gearing up for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays ahead. The past few weeks have been pretty challenging too though. First of all, we learned that our beloved babysitter will no longer be available after this semester. That's been really hard. I've been praying hard to find the right person. Today, I ended up contacting four different potential sitters and was said 'no' to four times. I'm at the point of cold calling strangers (who have been referred to me from people who have been referred to me, etc.), which has me in tears and making me feel like a horrible mom. I haven't given up hope yet...but today has been hard for me in this respect. I LOVE teaching and have a passion for it, that's for sure. It's just hard for me to see how this is all going to fit together.
Speaking of challenges, our school district had a general fund referendum this Tuesday, and sadly it failed. This means my job is in serious jeopardy for next year. In light of my babysitting challenge, that might be an okay thing in some respects, we'll see. If my position is cut next school year, my plan will be to start my own art education business, giving private and small-group lessons to children and teenagers, maybe homeschool groups too.
Through all this hoopla, I am reminded that God is faithful and so good. The morning after the referendum, I drove to work listening to "Great is Thy Faithfulness" (Fernando of course :) and my heart couldn't help but agree. He's never left us in the dust... quite the contrary! I keep reminding myself that I don't have a lot of stress right now, just several opportunities to trust.
Wes is keeping very busy with Habitat, working six days a week, long hours too! I'm told (daily) that things will slow down soon and I'm really looking forward to that!
Natalie just now recovering from croup, her first sickness. Her coughing sounded just like a barking seal! Poor thing, it just broke our hearts. Luckily she's on the mend and we're looking forward to her being back to her smilely self soon. My apologies if this blog post seems choppy....lets just blame it on lack of sleep and a strong longing for the weekend. SO GLAD tomorrow's Friday! :)




2 comments:
SO wonderful to read an update on the Greens. Natalie is so beautiful! We will pray for these things, Jess.
Much love from the Lincicums
Such a cutie! I'll be praying for the sitter situation. Totally understand what you are going through. Andrea had to resort to the calling of suggestions of friend's friends, etc. this year as well.
Post a Comment