It's been five weeks since little Natalie arrived. She is such a blessing! (And of course a challenge too!) Wve had our ups and downs, but are feeling tiredly blessed to be new parents. I count it a huge accomplishment to take a shower everyday...it will be awhile before I master other 'basic' tasks with regularity such as laundry, cleaning, and cooking. Thanks to our amazing support system of family, friends, and church, I haven't cooked dinner once yet, isn't that amazing?!!! I think we have a few more dinners coming, but then I'll be back at it again.
Wes recently accepted a job with Mapleton Fall Creek Development Corporation, the place where he's been interning for the past year. He's now serving as their construction project manager. I'll be returning to teaching art at Fortville Elementary School in the fall. I have mixed emotions about being a working mom. All along we prayed for open and closed doors...and we feel like we are being ushered into both working, at least for this coming year. I'm very lucky to have a job that I LOVE where I can been making a difference with kids, while having many opportunities to use my creative side. We are very thankful and amazed at finding a wonderful childcare situation for Natalie while I'm teaching- with a wonderful woman who happens to be a pediatric nurse and lactation consultant!
Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy...
It's never too early to encourage literacy! Here's daddy starting our bedtime routine. ha ha
This is Natalie's 'boyfriend' Andrew. Despite our prodding, I guess she's not ready for a serious commitment yet!
Bath time!


1 comment:
This is great!! We loved meeting Natalie- she is so precious; hopefully she'll warm up to Andrew soon. :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment