Okay, first of all...I never promised I'd be very consistent at blogging! There's been quite a gap since the last time I posted, and I'll just blame that on first trimester tiredness and being a 'working mom'. Wow, it's hard to believe that my semester at Greenfield Central Jr. High is over. There were many bright spots and moments where I thought, "wow, I really like this age group!", but unfortunately there were several kids that were just plain mean. I hoped to develop 'thicker skin' as the semester went on, but it was difficult. It was affirmed to me that I'm a great elementary art teacher....as for junior high, let's just say I'm glad I survived! :)
So when Wes returned to work after Christmas break, that marked the start of my new job as a stay-at-home mommy! I am hoping to also start my art teaching business which I know I've mentioned on the blog before. Unfortunately, I haven't got a lot of response for my upcoming spring classes, but I plan to fully launch things this summer. The goal would be to get Art Venture (that's my business name) up to a part-time teaching gig where I can earn a certain amount of money to make it possible for me to stay home (and out of the public school system!) Here's my website...check it out if you haven't already: Art Venture
So far I have LOVED staying home with Natalie and thank God for this opportunity! She is at such a fun stage!!! And luckily she's a wonderful afternoon napper, so I have a few hours each day to be productive- or sometimes indulge in a nap myself. Those of you who know me well, wouldn't be surprised that I've made up a form that I fill out for the week, like a lesson plan where I keep track of household chores, activities to do with Natalie, and to-do list type of stuff. That's been helpful. :) Of course when the baby comes, I expect to throw all my structure aside and enter survival mode! ha ha
Other tid-bits into my life/updates:
-Wes' title changed at Habitat, he's now the Construction Manager!!! :) Not a pay increase, but it is a great position and he is going to ROCK at it! :)
-I'm currently reading: Desiring God by John Piper and The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
-On my to-to list: Must finish Natalie baby book! :)
-I'm loving Pinterest! It's a artsy person's dream come true...I'm finding tons of great craft ideas and activities to do with Natalie.
Okay, now for the Natalie pictures....that's why you check this blog anyway right?! By the way, if you skipped all of what I just wrote to see Miss Cutie, shame on you! :)
My current crafty obsession: Crochet hats! Of course Natalie's baby must not be left out!
Natalie seems to love art already, makes Mama happy!
Natalie got to hang out with Auntie Bonnie on Christmas Eve!
Great Grandpa made Natalie a rocking horse!
Click on this link to see Natalie riding her horse and telling Grandpa "Thank You"
Christmas morning
3 pics above are from the DuPage Children's museum
We were all sick one day during Christmas break...Natalie flopped on the couch all day.
IT'S A BOY!!! Okay, this is old news....but we're just as excited as ever! Baby Green is due to arrive April 19th...so just 3 months left until we're a family of four!
Last thing, I just want to THANK GOD for everything that's been mentioned and photo-ed in this blog post and MORE. We are so undeserving, but have been so blessed. I'm not sure what even to say. THANK YOU JESUS!!! YOU ARE SO GOOD!

No comments:
Post a Comment